Few people realize that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmaninejad, the most powerful leader of Shi’te Islam, has declared war on Judaism and Christianity by declaring his intention to “wipe Israel off the map” and establish a “world without America.” To take Ahmaninejad seriously, you must think of Hitler with nuclear missiles. But this is not all.
Wahhabi Saudi Arabia has financed the construction of thousands of mosques in the Western world. Imams are preaching jihad to the millions of Muslims that now populate the West. Great Britain and Europe, thanks to their immigration policies and permissive legal systems, are being Arabized primarily by Sunni Muslims who share Ahmaninejad’s jihadic agenda.
We live in an increasingly jihadic world. While Middle East expert Daniel Pipes estimates there are no less that 130 million Islamic jihadists on planet earth, another expert, Robert Spencer, warns there may be more than 650 million! It will become increasingly difficult to prevent the sophisticated and devastating attacks of these satanic enemies of civilization.
World War III is not merely a war against international terrorism: it is a war between those who do and do not cherish the sanctity of human life.
Although the U.S. toppled the Taliban in Afghanistan and Saddam Hussein in Iraq, the world’s only superpower refrains from clearly identifying its deadliest and avowed enemy—the enemy of the West, Islam. In Israel, the daily victim of Islamic terrorism, one may be indicted for “racism” by telling the truth about Islam, whose Quran and media call Jews the sons of dogs and pigs.
The United States and Europe have the power to relegate Islam to the dust heap of history. What prevents them from doing so despite the existential threat posed by the innumerable Muslims that share Ahmaninejad’s jihadic agenda?
1) Let us begin with economic motives, such as Saudi oil and petrodollars. But surely it would take little more than a few days for the U.S. to take over Saudi Arabia, which sits on 25 percent of the world’s proven oil reserves. Of course this would violate international law, of which Islam is so scrupulously observant. It would also offend Koffi Anan and whatever remains of the West’s moral sensibilities. But let us turn to more solid considerations.
- Consider the Carlyle Group, a Washington, D.C. based global private equity investment firm with more than $40 billion of equity capital under management. The firm employs more than 300 investment professionals in 14 countries with multiple offices in North America, Europe and Asia. It has on its staff attorneys and Ph.D.s from many of the world’s most prestigious universities. Carlyle serves 900 investors in 55 countries and its portfolio companies employ 184,000 people worldwide. Now let’s consider some of Carlyle’s VIPs:
- George H. W. Bush, former U.S. President, Senior Advisor to the Carlyle Asia Advisory Board from April 1998 to October 2003.
- George W. Bush, current U.S. President, associated with the Carlyle Group from 1990 to 1992, when he left to run for governor of Texas.
- James Baker III, former U.S. Secretary of State, Carlyle Senior Counselor from 1993 to 2005.
- Frank C. Carlucci, former U.S. Secretary of Defense, Carlyle Chairman and Chairman Emeritus from 1989 to 2005.
- Richard Darman, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget, Carlyle Senior Advisor and Managing Director from 1993 to the present.
- William Kennard, former Chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle Managing Director in the Telecommunications & Media Group from 2001 to the present.
- Arthur Levitt, Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle Senior Advisor from 2001 to the present.
- John Major, former British Prime Minister, Chairman, Carlyle Europe from 2002 until 2005.
b. Thanks to Carlyle, defense giants like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and TRW International (a major weapons producer) have multi-billion dollar contracts with Saudi Arabia. These contracts yield enormous commissions.
c. Many former U.S. government officials are or have been on the Saudi payroll. Former CIA operative Robert Baer whimsically remarks that “Washington’s franchise players head straight for the Carlyle employment office as soon as they are out of the government.”
d. Saudi money has also poured into many American universities, especially their Middle East programs. (Is it any wonder that so many Middle East specialists have pooh-poohed the Islamic threat, portray Islam as a religion of peace, and tolerate anti-Israel propaganda under the façade of academic freedom?)
2) But Mammon and Muslim apologists in academia are not the only obstacles hindering the West from winning World War III. Nothing so inhibits the West’s ruling elites from identifying Islam as the enemy than the university-bred doctrine of cultural relativism.
It was moral relativism that prompted especially Europe’s intelligentsia to ridicule President George W. Bush for referring to an “Axis of Evil” when Islamokazes destroyed the World Trade Center.
- Of course, not every Muslim is a terrorist. But it is not accidental that virtually every terrorist is a Muslim. Hence it is not only a matter of ignorance but of intellectual dishonesty to call the religion of Muhammad a religion of peace. The empire Islam established within 100 years of Muhammad crossed three continents. In all the lands it conquered, Islam replaced indigenous places of worship—Christian, Jewish, Persian, Zoroastrian, Buddhist, Hindu—with mosques. This could not have been done without enormous bloodshed.
- But turn to our own time. Perhaps many of you do not know that Iran used children to explode minefields in its war with Iraq in the 1980s. But who does not know that Iran’s proxy, Hezbollah, used Lebanese families as human shields in its unprovoked war against Israel? Not a single Islamic regime denounced this denial of the sanctity of human life—a denial evident in almost every page of the Quran. But no less culpable are the legions of moral relativists in the West who hardly blink at the enormity of evil lurking in the current replay of Islam’s global ambitions.
3) With due respect to experts who vainly appeal to Muslim moderates to assert themselves, it is shear folly to expect Islam to undergo a “Protestant Revolution” before Muslim terrorists everywhere obtain miniaturized and undetectable weapons of mass murder. The Bush doctrine of a democratic Middle East is fine, except for one little point: contrary to the pacification of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan after World War II, the success of the Bush doctrine depends on what Islamic regimes do to themselves rather than on what we do to them. Democratic elections are not enough: they brought Hamas to power in the “West Bank” and would have brought the Islamic Foundation Movement to power in Algeria were it not for a military coup.
4) It is reasonable to conclude, therefore, that the West, unless it undergoes a Moral Revolution, is psychologically incapable of winning World War III.
As for Israel, over whom or because of whom this war is unknowingly being fought, I will say this: In contradistinction to the Nation of Israel, the State of Israel—the inept and corrupt institutions which have brought fools and scoundrels to power—this state must go. And so must Islam. This war is revealing the decadence of Islam and of the West on the one hand, and of the State of Israel on the other.
One last word: Whereas World II produced Israel’s physical rebirth, World War III, I believe, will lead to Israel’s spiritual rebirth. The eyes of mankind will then turn toward Jerusalem, the City of Truth, which transcends the absolutism of Islam and the relativism of the West.