To: Members of the Knesset—Especially Those Identified with the Nationalist Camp.
1) How many of you are cognizant of certain acts prohibited by the Law of Treason, namely:
- The category of acts which “impair the [territorial] sovereignty” of the State of Israel—section 97(a)—such as the 1993 Oslo Agreement;
- The category of acts which “impair the [territorial] integrity” of the State of Israel—section 97(b)—such as the 2005 evacuation of the Israel Defense Forces from Gaza and the surrendering of this land to Hamas;
- The category of acts under section 99 which give assistance to an “enemy” in war against Israel, which the Law specifically states includes a terrorist organization—for example, providing arms to the enemy and releasing Arab terrorists;
- The category of acts in section 100 which evince an intention or resolve to commit one of the acts prohibited by sections 97 and 99—for example, to give Judea and Samaria to the Palestinian Authority, an intention or resolve professed by various Cabinet ministers including:
- Prime Minister Ehud Olmert
- Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni
- Defense Minister Ehud Barak
2) How many of you have called various Arab Knesset Members “traitors” but have taken no action to remove these traitors from the Knesset?
3) If you do indeed know that certain Knesset Members and Cabinet Ministers should be indicted for treason but you refrain from taking steps to have them bought to justice, are you aware that you yourselves become complicit in treason?
Ponder, therefore, what Cicero, the Roman statesman and philosopher said about “treason”:
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor. He speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation. He works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city—he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared.
What prevents you—especially those of you in the nationalist camp—from fulfilling your oath of office to uphold the laws of Israel, above all the laws governing treason?