What territory should we be thinking about? Answer, the Land of Israel in which Jews have lived since the time of Abraham, the teacher of ethical monotheism, hence the true founder of Western civilization.
However, let us only consider the territory west of the River Jordan excluding Gaza, now controlled by the enemies of Western civilization.
What is meant by “occupied” territory? Answer, territory controlled by a foreign force.
What is meant by a “foreign force”? Answer, an illegitimate government, in this case the government of Israel.
What is an “illegitimate government”? Answer, a government committed to the surrender of Jewish land—land for which myriads of Jews have yearned for, fought for, and died for.
To whom is this land being surrendered? Answer, to the implacable enemies of the Jewish people and of Western civilization—people animated by the Ethos of Jihad articulated in the Quran and the Hadith, i.e., the oral traditions relating to the words and deeds of Muhammad.
Doesn’t the surrender of such land to Israel’s enemies violate the Penal Law on treason? Answer, yes, the Penal Law on treason prohibits the following acts:
- acts which “impair the sovereignty” of the State of Israel—Section 97(a);
- acts which “impair the integrity” of the State of Israel—Section 97(b);
- acts under Section 99 which give assistance to an “enemy” in war against Israel, which the Law specifically states includes a terrorist organization;
- acts in Section 100 which evince an intention or resolve to commit one of the acts prohibited by Sections 97 and 99.
Does Section 100 of the Penal Law cover those who negotiate, or advocate negotiations, with the Palestinian Authority (PA)? Answer, yes, but this would have to be determined by an apolitical or genuinely impartial court of law if only because violation of Section 100 entails the possible punishment of death.
De jure considerations aside, isn’t it idiotic, ignoble, and immoral for Israeli officials to negotiate with the PA? Answer, yes, and for the following reasons:
- The leaders of the PA have repeatedly and brazenly violated the “Oslo” or Israel-PLO Declaration of Principle of September 13, 1973.
- The leaders of the PA have educated generations of Arab children to hate Jews and Israel and to emulate suicide bombers.
- The leaders of the PA—including its current President Mahmoud Abbas—are and have been the leaders of Arab terrorists who have murdered or maimed more than 10,000 Jewish men, women, and children since “Oslo.”
- The PA has been armed by Iran, and may become an Iranian proxy, whose president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has pledged to “wipe Israel off the map.”
- The PA had from the beginning erased Israel from its own maps of Palestine.
Therefore, only Israelis devoid of reason and of a sense of honor—or perhaps suffering from a mental disorder—would negotiate, or be eager to negotiate, with the PLO-Palestinian Authority.
Unfortunately, no small number of such Israelis hold positions in Israel’s Knesset. In fact, they have dominated Israel’s Government since the June 1992 elections.
What shapes the mentality of such Israelis? Answer, more than anything, the university-bred doctrine of moral or cultural relativism. (Relativism, the source of multiculturalism, dominates all levels of education in the so-called free world, which is now succumbing to Islamic imperialism.)
What entrenches Israel’s government in power? Answer, primarily the fact that members of the Knesset, and therefore the coalition of MKs that form the cabinet, are not individually accountable to the voters in constituency elections.
What can be done to remedy this deplorable situation? Answer, expose the “Myth of Israeli Democracy,” the initial—but only the initial—step to Regime Change.
Why is this myth being perpetuated? Answer, because this myth endows Israel’s government with legitimacy and its ruling elites—politicians and judges, academics and journalists—with respectability, above all in the United States.
Is there any force in Israel that has the wherewithal to initiate regime change? Answer, no, it must be initiated by exposing the Myth of Israeli Democracy in America.