Responding to those who accuse Israel of “savage and unprecedented brutality” from 1947 onward, researcher Tom Carew of Dublin, Ireland, a member of the Advisory Board of the Foundation for Constitutional Democracy, has written an article which might well be titled, “The Muslim Killing Fields”.
He points out that if warranted by the facts, the alleged savage and unprecedented brutality of the Israelis, from 1947 onwards “should be recorded and acknowledged.” However, these “facts” “should also be set in the context of the entire peaceful Levant region and in the wider and equally peace-loving Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East as a whole.”
Here are the findings of Carew’s research:
1. The Bosnian War, March 1992 to December 14, 1995, saw 102,622 dead, according to the 2004 research of the International Criminal Tribunal. At least, 63,994 Muslim Bosnians were killed, and the Tribunal estimated that about 38,000 were Muslim civilians. Srebrenica in July, 1995, saw 8,000 dead, while the 1992 to February 29, 1995 Serb Siege of Sarajevo saw 12,000 dead, and over 50,000 wounded. At the hands of armed Serb Orthodox elements.
2. The Kingdom of Jordan’s suppression of the PLO threat in September 1970 saw up to 25,000 Muslim Palestinian Arabs dead. At the hands of the Muslim Royal Jordanian Army.
3. In Muslim Kosovo, 1998 to 2000 saw about 10,000 killed. By Orthodox Serb forces.
4. In Assad’s Syria, in January 1982, up to 20,000 Muslims were massacred by Muslim government forces in suppressing the Muslim Brotherhood in Hama.
5. Egypt’s Col. Nasser, hero of the Arab street, gassed some 1,400 Muslims in the 1963-1967 Yemen Civil War, using Phosgene and Mustard aerial bombs. Joining only Hitler and Saddam in gassing their own people. And overall, Yemen saw 100,000 -150,000 Muslim dead from 1962 to 1970.
6. In then French-run Algeria, in 1954-1962, some 600,000 Muslims were killed in the FLN war with the French.
7. Another 100,000 Muslims loyal to France were also massacred by Muslim FLN elements.
8. In Algeria again, the Islamic gangs from 1991 to 2002 saw up to 200,000 Muslims killed.
9. Sudan saw 500,000 killed from 1954 to 1972.
10. And another 1.9 million Muslims from 1983.
11. Darfur has seen at least 200,000 dead.
12. The Iran-Iraq War saw at least 450,000 Muslim dead on each side, or 900,000 minimum, with estimates of up to 1.62 million overall.
13. Afghanistan saw 1 to 1.5 million Muslims dead from Dec 24, 1979 to Feb 2, 1989.
14. The Taliban produced in excess of another 1 million dead in Afghanistan.
15. The Russian-ruled territory of Chechnya saw up to 100,000 Muslim dead from 1999.
16. In Iraq, under Saddam, 200,000 to 300,000 Muslim Kurds perished.
17. The 1991-1992 Shia Rising against Saddam in the South saw up to 200,000 Muslims killed.
18. The purges carried out by Saddam in Iraq killed up to 1 million Muslims.
19. And Muslim Indonesia massacred up to 200,000 in East Timor from 1975 to 1999.
20. Indonesia also saw 400,000 Muslims killed in 1965-1966.
21. Bangladesh saw up to 2 million Muslims killed in 1971.
22. Somalia saw up to 550,000 Muslims dead from 1977.
23. Tajikistan saw 50,000 Muslims killed from 1992 to 1996.
24. Iran has seen 10,000 Muslim Kurds killed.
25. Turkey has seen at least 20,000 Muslim Kurds killed.
26. Zanzibar in 1964 saw up to 17,000 Muslims killed.
27. The Crusades overall killed only 1.5 million from 1096 to 1270, including some 70,000 Muslims in Jerusalem in 1099, and 100,000 Muslims in Antioch in 1098. Maybe 900,000 Muslims perished overall.
28. The Muslim Turks killed 1.5 million Armenians in their 1915 to 1917 genocide.
29. Lebanon’s 1975 to 1990 Civil War saw 130,000 dead.
30. In contrast, the “savage, racist, brutal, in-discriminate, dis-proportionate, aggressive” Israelis killed up to 70,650 Muslims from 1947 to the present (during which time these same Israelis lost 1% of their population in 1947-1949 War of Independence and over 20,000 dead defending their right to exist). Here is the data of Muslims killed by Israelis during this 60-year period:
|1947-1949 War of Independence||5 to 15,000|
|1956 Suez War||1,650|
|1967 June Six Day War||21,000|
|1973 Yom Kippur Oct||8,500|
|1982 First Lebanon War||18,000|
|1987 onwards – First Intifada||1,800|
|2000 Second Intifada||3,700|
|2006 Hezb-ALLAH War from Lebanon||1,000|
MAXIMUM possible total killed by Israelis from 1947: 70, 650
Although all of the above data involve rough estimates or ranges of dead, a most significant fact emerges from this survey: For a very long time it has been clearly and, extremely dangerous to be either a Muslim in the whole region, or to be at the tender mercy of armed Muslims, especially if you are yourself a Muslim. Indeed:
The safest place for a Muslim is to be facing Israeli guns!